For CRM 2015 Update 0.1 On-premise only
Scenario prior to the change
- Quick Find uses the SQL Like operator
- Searches default to "starts with"
- Indexes not used
After the change
- Text based Find columns use SQL full-text indexes.
- Fields that contain ALL words in the search text are returned
- No longer need to use a wildcard, variations of a word are returned such as tense and plurals
- Searches that previously required wildcards are much faster
- Use quotation marks to limit the search to an exact match
New setting off by default, must be enabled in System Settings | General, "Enable full-text search for Quick Find"
The full-text uses an existing full text catalog, CRMFullTextCatalog
Check out the video from Microsoft on YouTube, https://youtu.be/vYc-xP4Z8VE