Microsoft Dynamics 365, Licensing and Pricing
This is a work-in-progress article to record what I discover about Microsoft Dynamics 365 pricing and licensing
Microsoft announced the new cloud service, Microsoft Dynamics 365 as the evolution of Dynamics CRM in July 2016 planned for launch before the end of 2016. In fact, Microsoft Dynamics 365 was launched on 1st November 2016.
Dynamics 365 has two editions, Business and Enterprise each with functional areas called apps. The apps can be purchased individually or collectively as a plan. The pricing makes the plan option the one to go for if you need more than one app.
Will cover CRM and AX and Project Madeira.
As at 1st November 2016, the available apps are:
- Customer Service
- Field Service
- Project Service Automation
- Marketing (not yet available)
Each of the apps includes:
- PowerApps for Office 365 and Dynamics 365 (not Plan 1 or Plan 2)
- Flow for Office 365 and Flow for Dynamics 365 (not free, Plan 1 or Plan 2)
- Microsoft Social Engagement (which will no longer sold as a stand-alone product)
- Gamification (note Spectator and Fan roles only are included in Team Member licences)
- Voice of the Customer
- Mobile Offline
The Enterprise Plan 1 includes the above apps plus:
- PowerApps Plan 2 (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/)
- Flow Plan 2 (https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/)
Any combination of apps in a single tenant includes the following:
- One Production instance
- One non-production instance (the diagram in the October 2016 licensing guide that shows a requirement of 25+ user subscription licences is incorrect).
- One portal instance
- 10GB database storage, additional storage is granted at the rate for 5GB for every 20 full users (not those with Team Member licences)
- Social Engagement, 10,000 social posts per month
- Production instance
- Non-production instance
- Additional portals and page views
- Additional storage in increments of 1GB up to 5,000GB
- Social engagements, additional posts in increments of 10,000 posts
- Field Service app - Resource Schedule Optimization add-on
Microsoft Dynamics GP, NAV and SL
It seems that GP, NAV and SL are not affected and will continue to be sold as before.
CRM Portals will remain a separate subscription based add-on.